The sniffles

Today, Cadence woke up with a cold. Sneezing, runny nose, but thankfully no fever. J But she’s been miserable. Her eyes are watery and she just looks miserable. On top of that she’s been teething, therefore, waking up every 2-3 hours for the past 2 nights. Tomorrow was suppose to be her first day at daycare, but now that’s not going to happen. Hopefully she’ll get over this cold by Friday in time for our trip to NY. I’m having low expectations because it says that it’s going to rain.

Today I realized that I LOVE being a mom and I LOVE Cadence as any mother would love their daughter. BUT….I don’t like (almost hate) the politics of being a mom. I feel like it’s only the beginning too and there are more surprises to come. I don’t get many comments on how to raise my daughter, only a few here and there, but nothing that has pulled my hair out. I’ve gotten a lot of “opinions” though on how I raise my daughter and that probably bugs me the most. I can tell it in someone’s tone of voice if they disagree with something that I’m doing or how I’m caring for Cadence. I think it really upsets me because I work full time and I’m not the primary care taker which means that to some extent, I don’t have full control of raising my daughter. And to have someone make a comment on how I raise my own daughter just makes it worse….

Blog Archive